It's been a year since food trucks came to Boston in summer 2011, and now it's time to find them. Every. Single. One. Join me, in my Food Truck Field Trips!
So, I will have to admit, the cloverDWY truck was not my first choice. I was raised semi vegetarian, and it just never *tickles* me the way a ham and cheese for lunch can. To select my truck for this Food Truck Field Trip, I selected the location first and went from there. I was feeling kind of lazy, so I was looking for something in Dewey Square at South Station (this is the park that hosted occupyBoston). According to “the schedule” there would be two trucks here, and finding out on twitter that there was also a farmers market basically sealed the deal ; )
- @Pennypackers: Hey BU Central! Our second truck is officially in you! Come visit us on the corner of Comm Ave an St Mary's M-F 10:30 to 3.
- @foodtruckgal: @Pennypackers what is the general theme of your truck?
- @Pennypackers: @foodtruckgal our specialty is Porchetta Sandwiches. But we have other sandwiches, soups and salads that change daily.
So, my debut is here! It was a really informative experience too! As you may or may not know, I am using Food Truck Schedule | City of Boston as my guide. I had checked it out, and as stated earlier, most trucks were ‘stationed’ @ BackBay. So I proceeded to gorge at The Barking Crab. I did not think I would encounter ANY trucks on the waterfront, but BOY WAS I WRONG!
- foodtruckgal: @LobstaLoveTruck what time are you in city hall until? You will be my debut food truck field trip today!
- LobstaLoveTruck: @foodtruckgal We are in City Hall every Friday until 6. Make sure you say hello when you stop by!
- foodtruckgal: @LobstaLoveTruck Went to city hall around 5:30 lastnight, couldn't find you :'( walked around and used google to find Fisher Park. No luck!
Well, I attempted to go find my first food truck lastnight but it was an epic fail! I couldn’t go till later in the day, “evening” (post 3PM) so I decided on Lobsta Love. I tweeted them early in the day asking what time they’ll be there until (every Friday @ city hall), but it seems like they don’t use twitter a lot. Needless to say, by the time I arrived at 5:30 the place was vacant. I thought especially since its a holiday weekend that the trucks might stick around a little longer.